The days are getting longer and the temperatures are rising, its that time of year again- Spring! One of the biggest trends that have hit the runways this Spring season is the back-to-basic black and white look. These two colours are classic and staples for most women’s wardrobes and when paired together, it can be quite elegant.This trend has stormed runways in all cities and most recently during New York Fashion Week by top designers such as Michael Kors and Oscar Dela Renta. This trend has also appeared in almost all retail stores Spring 2013 collections including affordable fashion stores such as Zara, Forever 21, H&M and Topshop.
Oscar Dela Renta
Louis Vuitton has also followed with the black and White contrast trend as well, however putting a different spin on it with a checkered pattern. Check mate?
My favourite piece that follows this trend can be found at Zara. It this stripped blouse with pockets that can be paired with black trousers or leggings and a colorful shoe to make the outfit pop.
What are your thoughts on this trend? Yay or Nay?
Let me know by leaving a comment, and don’t forget to Like/Follow!
I hope everyone got a chance to catch the AMA’s last night because there were some outstanding performances from the biggest names in the music industry. My favourite performers of the night were definitely from The Wanted, Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber! However, my overall favourite part of the show….and of every other award show… was the red carpet! This year, a ton of the stars were strutting the red carpet with intricate embroidery detail and shiny sparkles. Here are some of my favourite looks from the evening.
Left to Right: Carly Rae Jepson in Gomez-Gracia sequined gown, Hedi Klum in a Alexandre Vauthier mini, Taylor Swift in Zuhair Murad and Carrie Underwood in a Abed Mahfouz gown.
My favourite look of the night was brought to us by Taylor Swift!
Taylor looked flawless in this long sleeve, floral embroidered dress with gold beadwork detail and an open back by Zuhair Murad. Her hair was styled into a retro up-do and her make-up complimented her look appropriately. This will deffinatly go down as one of my favourite Taylor Swift looks of all time!
On the other hand, Nicki Minaj looked like a
hot mess…. as always!
Click here for a bunch of red carpet/behind-the-scenes videos with the guests at this years American Music Awards!
Recently, I’ve seen this super cute nail art all over the place! It is super simple to achieve and a great way to express your creativity since the designs are endless. However, caviar nails can be a little tricky if you are impatient because the microbeads are hard to work with but the end result is very cute!
All you need for caviar nails are…
- Microbeads (Can be purchased from your local art store for under $5!)
- Some old/sticky clear nail polish…. (We all know what I mean!)
First, you start off by applying the sticky polish and then pouring some of the beads onto your finger nails. Make sure to do this over a bowl to catch all the beads that don’t land on your nails! Press down on the beads and let them dry for 15-12 minutes and you’re done!
Here are some of my favourites that I’ve been inspired by!
As you can see, the possibilities are endless, so don’t be afraid to get creative with this nail art DIY!
Hope you enjoyed this post and have found it helpful.
Don’t forget to Like/Comment/Follow 🙂
First off, I would like to apologize for the lack of posts this past month! It has been crazy with back-to-school, but I promise we will be back with a ton of posts. Starting with this trend trend that has been popping up everywhere these past few weeks. Fall fashion is all about military chic! It’s combining the usual fall colours, like army green and brown but adding a bit of an edge with studs and camo. This trend can easily be incorporated into your fall wardrobe since all of the major stores are carrying this trend. I’ve already invested in a studded camo jacket and a studded army green vest… and I love them!
This is how I styled my army green studded vest from Zara:
My other favourite item is this Camo jacket with stud embellishments on the pockets (also from Zara):
To complete the perfect military chic look, pair your outfit with a pair of cute combat boots (Found at Aldo).
Hope everyone enjoyed this quick post! Check back soon for more posts about beauty, fashion, and much more.
Don’t forget to Like/Comment/ Follow 🙂
Hey everyone! So, it is sad to say that summer is coming to an end. However, on a brighter note this means my favorite season is right around the corner. I love fall and fall fashion trends never seem to disappoint. This fall 2012 season leather and studs are in! Studs are appearing on almost everything from shoes to jackets. Designers such as Christian Louboutin, Alexander McQueen and Prada were strutting down the runway with some studded shoes. Moreover, heavy on the leather, streamlined looks were the rage with designers such as DKNY, YSL, Pucci, etc.
I am loving the leather skirts and jeans that were showcased in the DKNY fall 2012 collection. Check out some more affordable options below!
Black Oasis Faux Leather Skirt Zara Skirt with Leather Frill
7 For All Mankind Jeans
Leather studded boots are also a great way to incorporate the stud trend into your everyday fall outfit. Check out these leather studded combat boots from Steve Madden that I am in love with!
Boot #1 Boot #2
If the the black leather and studs is too heavy for your personal style, you can try the trend out in a lighter way with studded flats/loafers.
Studded Loafers From Tobi.com Studded Flats From Lulus.com
Hope you have found this post helpful and let me know what you think about the these trends!
Don’t Forget to Like/Comment/Follow 🙂
Hey everyone, so I’m pretty sure many of you, like myself, have a few beauty mishaps here and there, but hopefully these few beauty tips will help you steer clear of these top 5 common beauty mistakes, courtesy of Seventeen Magazine!
- Wash Your Brushes: Not washing your brushes is a huge mistake because unwashed brushes can cause skin irritations and acne due to bacteria that is commonly formed on brushes with heavy product build-up. Remember to wash your brushes at least once a week. To wash your brushes, add a dime-size amount of gentle shampoo (i.e baby shampoo) to a cup, fill it with water and swirl the brushes around. Then, take each brush and rinse it under streaming water. Gently squeeze out the water and form your brush head to its original shape.
- Don’t Share Your Makeup: Sharing makeup with friends can lead to eye infections and other skin problems, since bacteria easily grows in products that contain high levels of moisture (mascara, liquid liner, lip glass, liquid foundation) If your friend asks to use your lip gloss, put some on her hand, instead of letting her apply it directly from the tube. For eyeliner pencils, dip the tip in alcohol and then sharpen the pencil if you need to share.
- Cake Face: Too much makeup can add years to your face and give off the impression that you are trying too hard. Makeup needs to be applied and blended lightly and evenly. The correct brushes definitely help to blend and create a flawless application. If you have clear skin that does not need a lot of coverage, try a tinted moisturizer instead of a heavy foundation. Instead of a powder blush, try a sheer cream blush. For eyes, have fun and experiment with colors. Don’t use black, because it can be too harsh and intense. Instead, try navy, gray, purple or bronze.
- Go Easy On the Mascara & Eyeliner: Too much mascara can cause clumpy, crusty-looking lashes. Solution: Use a lash comb to separate lashes after applying each coat of mascara. Another option is to use a mascara that has a brush with tiny bristles, or one that comes with a brush comb. Also, avoid looking like a raccoon with an eyeliner overdo. We can leave the raccoon eyes to Taylor Momsen, thank you very much.
- Glitter Overload: If you are feeling a bit funky and want to add a bit of glitter to your look, glitter is great. However, too much glitter can be an overkill and make you look like you are dressing up for a character. Instead of overdoing it, try using glitter in one area only, such as glitter lip gloss or glitter eyeliner.
Hope these tips are helpful! Don’t forget to Like/Follow/ Comment 🙂
Hey everyone! Check out Kendall and Kylie Jenner on the cover of the September Back To School issue of Seventeen Magazine! I definitely look up to these girls since they are the same age as me and they always look fabulous 🙂 I can’t wait till this issue hits the stands so I can get my hands on it.
P.S… also Click Here to check out an an exclusive interview that Kendall and Kylie did with Seventeen.
Don’t forget to Like/Comment/ and Follow ❤
Hello fashion lovers,
Whats in? Turquoise. Turquoise looks good with all different skin tones and hair colors. Check out Chloe Moretz and Selena Gomez rocking this great color that’s totally appropriate for summer!
Here are some of our best dressed for this week
1. Chloe Moretz in Max Mara
2. Selena Gomez in Versace
Get The Look for Less:
Lulus- Cute and Kissable One Shoulder Turquoise Dress $32.00
Zara- Combined Lace Dress $49.99
Pair it up with a cute pair of nude heels like Selena and Chloe did in order to keep the main focus on the color of the dress.
Chloe: Note the pop of color in her heels.
Lulus- Bonnibel Blooming 1 Blush Patent Peep Toe Slingback Heels $32.00
Selena: Selena chose classic blush pointed pumps. These would be more appropriate for formal events!
Lulus- Steve Madden Intrude Blush Leather Pointed Pumps $89.00
Let me know how you’re rocking this color this summer,
Share and Comment,
Hey everyone! Recently I have been spotting collared/bib statement necklaces all over the place and I personally love this trend. An accessory like this can totally bring together a whole outfit and add that extra little something in order to make the outfit complete.
A few celebrites like Kylie Jenner have been spotted sporting this new trend:
Kylie’s gold collared necklace brings together her simple outfit and adds an extra edge to her peach blazer.
A necklace similar to Kylie’s can be found here.
These collared necklaces can be found in a bunch of different styles and designs. Since this trend can be found in such a variety of different designs, it is simple to find a style collared necklace that best matches your personal style. They can come in leather, beaded, fringe, metallic, sequinned and more.
These are just some of my personal favourites that I have found online!
Forever 21 : (x)
Forever 21: (x)
Hope you have found this post helpful and have been inspired to try out this new trend that will complete your wardrobe this summer!
Don’t forget to Like/Comment/Follow!
xoxo, Lilia 🙂