Hey everyone, so I’m pretty sure many of you, like myself, have a few beauty mishaps here and there, but hopefully these few beauty tips will help you steer clear of these top 5 common beauty mistakes, courtesy of Seventeen Magazine!
- Wash Your Brushes: Not washing your brushes is a huge mistake because unwashed brushes can cause skin irritations and acne due to bacteria that is commonly formed on brushes with heavy product build-up. Remember to wash your brushes at least once a week. To wash your brushes, add a dime-size amount of gentle shampoo (i.e baby shampoo) to a cup, fill it with water and swirl the brushes around. Then, take each brush and rinse it under streaming water. Gently squeeze out the water and form your brush head to its original shape.
- Don’t Share Your Makeup: Sharing makeup with friends can lead to eye infections and other skin problems, since bacteria easily grows in products that contain high levels of moisture (mascara, liquid liner, lip glass, liquid foundation) If your friend asks to use your lip gloss, put some on her hand, instead of letting her apply it directly from the tube. For eyeliner pencils, dip the tip in alcohol and then sharpen the pencil if you need to share.
- Cake Face: Too much makeup can add years to your face and give off the impression that you are trying too hard. Makeup needs to be applied and blended lightly and evenly. The correct brushes definitely help to blend and create a flawless application. If you have clear skin that does not need a lot of coverage, try a tinted moisturizer instead of a heavy foundation. Instead of a powder blush, try a sheer cream blush. For eyes, have fun and experiment with colors. Don’t use black, because it can be too harsh and intense. Instead, try navy, gray, purple or bronze.
- Go Easy On the Mascara & Eyeliner: Too much mascara can cause clumpy, crusty-looking lashes. Solution: Use a lash comb to separate lashes after applying each coat of mascara. Another option is to use a mascara that has a brush with tiny bristles, or one that comes with a brush comb. Also, avoid looking like a raccoon with an eyeliner overdo. We can leave the raccoon eyes to Taylor Momsen, thank you very much.
- Glitter Overload: If you are feeling a bit funky and want to add a bit of glitter to your look, glitter is great. However, too much glitter can be an overkill and make you look like you are dressing up for a character. Instead of overdoing it, try using glitter in one area only, such as glitter lip gloss or glitter eyeliner.
Hope these tips are helpful! Don’t forget to Like/Follow/ Comment 🙂